Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Best of April Fools.

I don't particularly like April Fools Day. Like...I could def do without it. But there are some pretty good jokester out there. Here are just a few of my favs. Some new. Some old.

I'm a child of social media. So I loved these. And thanks to my bomb professor who started the search for me.

  • Google announces smell-based search engine: Google Nose. I smelled my iPhone for 20 minutes. (insert smug emoji.) 
  • Twitter announced that vowels are no longer permitted in tweets. You know..."More efficient, and 'dense' form of communication".  Of course. W nd mr smplcty n r lvs. Twttr.  #LL #YL #nvwls
  • Google plans to shut down YouTube. Life is over. No YouTube. No life.  
Here's one from the history books. This one is in tribute to the newly created slogan: Live Mas. Which I still don't like very much. Just for the record. Live Mas. Really?? But Taco Bell was 'living more' even in 1996. 

And to finish with a personal favorite. 

  • April 1, 2001, I was the subject of the best prank ever performed....on me. My lovely sister, Kara is the ultimate prankster in our family when it comes to April Fools, and 2001 was her best prank yet. When I was 10, she convinced me that she had this huge school assignment and needed my help to perform a social experiment. Because I am such a loving sister, when she asked for my help, of course I said yes!  She elaborately explained to my 10-year-old self that I was to dress up in as many layers as I possibly could, from head to toe, all day and see how other people reacted to my strange dressing habit. The experiment was to begin at the beginning of the day and end after dinner. I was told that the experiment was to be kept secret so the data would not be skewed. So....Kara and myself were really the ONLY ones who knew the inside scoop. I was super excited to be helping my college sister with one of her college assignments. And because I was so excited to be apart of a college study, I walked around in jeans, sweats, pj's, 5 pairs of socks, 4 different t-shirts, 2 jackets, a coat, 2 hats, a few scarves, 2 pairs of gloves, and yes...4 pairs of underwear all day. Grocery store. Neighborhood. Home. School. I actually can't remember if I really went to school looking like the abominable snowman. All of it. And I thought I was sooo cool. All I had to say about it.....April Fools sista. Well played. 
Well, this year I escaped a ruthless prank, but I want to hear about all your favorite April Fools pranks. Tell me. I still have a debt to pay to my favorite red headed sister. And I need a whole year to plan it. ;)



I was rolling on the floor laughing madly out loud today, and I really wanted to tweet #ROFLMAO. But instead I just rolled floor laughed madly. #RFLM

No comments:

Post a Comment