Tuesday, February 12, 2013

my lungs are on fire.

do you remember that one girl who sang a song about being on fire.

"she's a girl and she's on fire." something like that.

well i experienced this yesterday. i'm running ragnar in june. and i decided to officially start training. hard core training. let me paint you a picture.

(please imagine Katniss Everdeen) 
As I stepped out of the door, my mind feeling good, a light breeze flowed through my loosely tied ponytail. My Asics tied with determination and my Nike Dri-FIT fitting snug, i began my journey to victory. I felt like a lion chasing a gazelle. 
For the first four steps. 
And then. 
BAM!

no more pretty picture. my thighs. my lungs. my nose. NOSE. on fire. so maybe my 'hard core' training wasn't so hard core. i barely lasted a mile. shooot. please send the buckets of water and good vibes my way. i hate being on fire.

this is really how i feel about being the girl on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment